Q: Who Needs to Tryout?
A - Tryouts are mandatory for all children ages 8 and up who have played at least one season of Single A.
Tryouts are used by the league to determine which league levels they are eligible for and which division they are best fitted for.
Q: Should players in T-Ball, Rookie and Single A players in their first season of Single A participate in tryouts?
Q: When are Tryouts this year?
A: The Try out schedule is
Saturday, 1/6/2018 @ La Paz Fields from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
9:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. – 8 Year Olds
10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. – 9 Year Olds
12:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. – 10 Year Olds
Sunday, 1/7/2018 @ La Paz Fields from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
1:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. – 11 Year Olds
2:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. – 12/13 Year Olds
Tuesday, 1/9/2018 @ La Paz from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
(Tuesday is Make Up Try outs for those who could not attend the weekend tryouts)
Q: Is there the possibility for onsite registration and address verification?
A: Yes but we highly recommend registering online first
Q: What are the address verification requirements?
A: Requirements can be referenced Here
Q: What happens if we can’t make our allotted tryout time?
A: Not a problem. The age specific try out times are highly recommended but if necessary your child can try out any time on the scheduled day of their try out. Any try out eligible player can tryout on Tuesday, 1/9/2018 the schduled make-up date.
Q: Where are the Crown Valley and La Paz Fields?
Location (1): R. Harris Memorial Field (La Paz Sports Park)
Location (2): Crown Valley Fields 1 & 2
Q: What Does the Tryout Consist of?
A: Each Player will be doing the following …
· Batting will consist of taking five swings of the bat off of a coach/board member pitcher
· Running the bases, after their fifth swing they will run hustle from the plate to first and round to second base.
· Each player will field three ground balls at the shortstop position and then throw across the diamond to first base.
· If they are interested in trying to pitch they will throw 3 pitches from the mound (few warmup are optional).
· Each player will be field three fly balls in the out field and then throw the ball to second / third base, depending on age, and divison of play trying out for.
Q: What equipment is required or recommended?
A: Standard issued Baseball attire, cleats, batting gear, fielding equipment (Sunglasses, batting gloves optional)
Q: How do I know what league age my child is?
A: New Little League Age Determination chart
Q: Do you have any advice that would help prepare for tryouts?
A: Yes, there are a few things that we think can really help players in their tryouts.
· Play catch in the days leading up to tryouts, and stretch after
· Try and attend the weekend day tryouts if possible. (The week night make-ups can be cooler and different from the environment many player are used to playing in)
· Get to the tryouts early enough to go through uniforms, and registration booth and still have enough time to get warm up in.
· Wear cleats and make sure you bring a glove and hat.
· Be encouraging to your peers and most importantly have fun!